UnionPay International (China UnionPay)

We have a partnership with UnionPay and as a principal member we offer a money remittance service back to users in mainland China. We can process payouts from any country in the European Economic Area (EEA) back on to UnionPay cards issued by supported banks and card types in mainland China. These would still be using Pay Any Card/Pay My Card, meaning the request and responses are identical.

The main difference is that China have a State Administration Foreign Exchange called SAFE which opens at 23h00 GMT until 14h00 GMT. Transactions sent within this period are processed instantly. Transactions outside SAFE’s opening times are queued and processed when SAFE opens again in the next day.


If you are doing a transaction for a Chinese UnionPay card you must provide the cardHolder name in the following order: Family Name space Given Name